Post Title: Business Development Manager
Business Unit: Sales
Responsible to: Lead Client Success Manager
Accountable to: Head of Sales and Lead Business Development Manager
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 + bonus 60% OTE, Car Allowance plus Attractive Benefits Package
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.5 hrs per week
Holiday Allowance: 25 days per annum
Vivup are the leading Health and Wellbeing employee benefits company in the UK.
Following rapid growth within the company, we are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager to focus on the Public sector.
Vivup provides an award winning employee benefits platform with lifestyle savings, payroll pay benefits, an Employee Assistance programme and Recognition and Reward platform to engage and motivate staff within the NHS and Local Government and we are looking to expand into the education sector and wider public sector organisations.
· Working with the Head of Sales and Lead Business Development Manager to provide appropriate support across the business and to ensure the brand and image of the company is enhanced
· Identify prospects in target areas, working with the wider Business Development and Sales team to agree approach and work together as one
· Develop new relationships to win new clients and grow the business
· Tailor business proposals according to the needs and interests of each prospect organisation
· Engage an audience through virtual meetings or face-to-face, being resilient and positive in approach
· Understand the company’s ever-growing proposition and the intricacies within this to ensure maximum prospect confidence and conversion
· Work closely with the Tender and Frameworks team to support tender submissions
· Adjust language and communication with prospects based on sector and the varying requirements
· Highly organised to manage leads and appointment follow up’s, ensuring maximum conversion
· Undertake any other reasonable duties appropriate to the role as business needs require
Principle duties to include:
· To deliver activities included in the Sales Plan by developing and closing business opportunities, generating and progressing leads and presenting the company’s products in a proactive way
· Understand and articulate the value of the full product range and services to senior audiences within the public sector
· To build relationships with key prospects for them to utilise the company’s products and services and maximise income
· To work alongside the client success team to maximise referrals into new clients, build case studies and testimonials
· To build relationships with key partners to expand our proposition and work collaboratively on new/joint prospects
· To ensure the business maintains and expands its market share and act as an ambassador of the company’s products
· Develop extensive knowledge of the client procurement process, including who the key decision makers are
· Understand external business environment, including key competitors and developments in technology and employee benefits
· Build strong effective internal relationships with key departments to meet your client needs
· Create and maintain all required CRM records
Create an ongoing pipeline of activity and revenue
· Company Pension Scheme
· Group Life Insurance and Health Cash Plan
· 25 days Annual Leave
· Car Allowance
· Job Type: Full-time
· Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + 60% OTE Uncapped bonus
- IT literate with strong numerical skills
- High standards of written and verbal communication
- Influencing, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Energetic and self-motived
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges, demonstrating innovation and initiative to suggest new ideas or ways of working
· Take responsibility for own continuing professional development and keep up to date by reading relevant journals, attending networking meetings and relevant courses.
· Be a credible ambassador for the company at all times when communicating with external organisations so that the Company’s reputation is maintained, and best interests served.
· Undertake any other reasonable duties appropriate to the role as business needs require.
· Adherence to the requirements laid down in Vivup’s Business Management System for ISO9001 and ISO27001 accreditation.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake such other duties from time to time as are consistent with the responsibility of the grade.
This job description is subject to review and development from time to time in liaison with the post holder.
As an employee of the company you will be required to adhere to all the organisations policies and procedures.
Standards of Business Conduct
The post holder will be required to deal honestly with the organisation, with colleagues and all those who have dealing with the organisation including suppliers, partners and customers.
To ensure confidentiality in all matters relating to clients, to staff personnel issues and to information obtained during the course of employment. To not release such information to anyone else other than acting in an official capacity. To comply with the regulations of the Data Protection Act and any associated legislation.
This job description only covers the key result areas and as such does not intend to provide a comprehensive list of objectives. Specific objectives will be subject to annual review in consultation with the postholder and may develop to meet changing needs of the company.
The organisation aims to maintain the goodwill and confidence of its own staff, customers and suppliers. To assist in achieving this objective, it is essential that at all times employees carry out their duties in accordance with the organisations Equal Opportunities Policy respecting the differing backgrounds of colleagues and clients. VIVUP are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Health and Safety
The post holder will be required to observe local Health and Safety arrangements and take reasonable care of him/herself and persons that may be affected by his/her work ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974).
Application Deadline: 22/07/2021
Expected Start Date: 02/08/2021 or ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Quarterly bonus
- Bike to work scheme
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Gym membership
- Life insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- A-Level or equivalent (preferred)