Post Title: Customer Services Assistant
Business Unit: Operations
Responsible to: Head of Operations
Accountable to: Head of Operations
Salary: Base salary + up to 10% performance related bonus
To provide support to the Operations Team by maintaining a responsive and proactive service responding to the needs of the departments.
To promote relationships with key customers employees to help expand the use of the company’s products and maximise income.
To ensure customers employees understand how to use the scheme and respond effectively to any queries or complaints.
Principal duties to include:
- Regular email and telephone contact with suppliers and customers.
- Maintaining a maximum 24 hours response time to all customer queries and chasing with suppliers where necessary.
- When required assists in managing customer complaints regarding deliveries and/or faulty and damaged products, and coming to an effective resolution, escalating as appropriate.
- Providing regular updates for all customers on the delivery process and delivery deadlines.
- Where supplier stock issues occur ensure that customers are informed of any potential delays or need for alternative products when needed.
- Efficient management of back end systems to effectively monitor and manage all ongoing and unresolved queries without the need for reminders or response from customers or suppliers.
- Providing receipts and relevant documentation for warranty and insurance claims.
- Understand the company’s products to enable customers employee to be given the necessary information to use the scheme.
- Work with the Sales Executives to manage the relationship with key customers and maintain effective everyday communication to them.
- Take responsibility for own continuing professional development and keep up to date by reading relevant journals, attending networking meetings and relevant courses.
- Be a credible ambassador for the company at all times when communicating with external organisations so that the Company’s reputation is maintained and best interests served.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties appropriate to the role as business needs require.
This job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake such other duties from time to time as are consistent with the responsibility of the grade.
This job description is subject to review and development from time to time in liaison with the post holder. As an employee of the company you will be required to adhere to all the organisations policies and procedures.
- Communication – Professional and clear communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with customer and other staff members. Articulate and tactful both on the phone and face to face with effective writing skills.
- Customer Services Skills – Identify customers employees needs and escalate accordingly when necessary.
- Organisation – Self-motivated and ability to prioritise busy workload in a fast paced environment. Good team player with a willingness to collaborate to achieve solutions.
- Systems – MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
A Level standard or equivalent experience
Standards of Business Conduct
The post holder will be required to deal honestly with the organisation, with colleagues and all those who have dealing with the organisation including suppliers, partners and customers.
To ensure confidentiality in all matters relating to clients, to staff personnel issues and to information obtained during the course of employment. To not release such information to anyone else other than acting in an official capacity. To comply with the regulations of the Data Protection Act and any associated legislation.
This job description only covers the key result areas and as such does not intend to provide a comprehensive list of objectives. Specific objectives will be subject to annual review in consultation with the postholder and may develop to meet changing needs of the company.
The organisation aims to maintain the goodwill and confidence of its own staff, customers and suppliers. To assist in achieving this objective, it is essential that at all times employees carry out their duties in accordance with the organisations Equal Opportunities Policy respecting the differing backgrounds of colleagues and clients.
Health and Safety
The post holder will be required to observe local Health and Safety arrangements and take reasonable care of him/herself and persons that may be affected by his/her work ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974)