Job Title: Data Protection Assistant
Location: Home Based
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: £29,830 – £34,304
We’re leading the way when it comes to Health and Wellbeing Employee Benefits providing Salary Sacrifice, Lifestyle Savings, EAP and Recognition & Reward benefits to hundreds of thousands of people in the UK. Most importantly we’re truly passionate about improving the lives of workers!
We span 5 generations, have great gender diversity, we’re based all over the UK working remotely full time, but we meet up regularly!
You’ll find Vivup to be a company that’s focused on being an employer of choice where people thrive, and your voice is truly heard. We empower our colleagues to do great work by investing in learning, personal development, and technology.
The difference you’ll make
Reporting to the IT & Information Governance (IG) Lead, you’ll be responsible for promoting corporate governance culture internally (including Incident Reports and Reviews, and Data Policy Reviews), as well as ensuring diligent documentation communicated externally through Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA).
Who we’re looking for
Your key responsibility will be to ensure that our documented policies regarding data are consistent, up-to-date based on development of our products and services, and that our clients’ DPIAs and Information Questionnaires are submitted on time; all whilst working with our IG, Engineering, and Sales teams. Some other responsibilities will be:
- Keeping updated with GDPR, PECR, PCI, Data Protection (DPA 2018) and Freedom of Information (FOI) legislation and ICO guidance, as well as Vivup’s client-facing systems’ data structure, data flows, and configuration
- Identifying, recording, and escalating privacy risks
- Assisting the Commercial team with responses to DPIAs, Cloud Questionnaires, Freedom of Information, and Data Protection Act requests so that we respond appropriately and in a timely manner
- Maintaining knowledge hub for Information Governance and Cyber Security within the business
- Supporting specific elements as delegated by the Director of Engineering, IT & Information Governance Lead, or DPO, of service-wide information governance and associated plans (and ones that can impart responses to clients)
- Promoting the benefits of information security and the ownership of privacy risks internally within Vivup, as well as externally to clients
A bit about you
Ideally, you’ll have either a BCS-approved Data certification (BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection), GDPR certification, or other Data Protection certification. In additional you’ll also have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in understanding data considerations in rapidly-changing businesses
- Working knowledge or experience in managing documentation libraries
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in utilising Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (Visio is a bonus)
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills around management of data, data policies, data processes (e.g. retention, SAR, right to be forgotten)
- Be a team player
- Have strong analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Take responsibility for own continuing professional development and keep up to date by reading relevant journals, attending networking meetings and relevant courses.
- Always be a credible ambassador for the company when communicating with external organisations so that the Company’s reputation is maintained, and best interests served.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties appropriate to the role as business needs require.
- Adherence to the requirements laid down in Vivup’s Business Management System for ISO9001 and ISO27001 accreditations.
- Previous experience in a similar compliance and DPIA documentation role
- Attention to detail and possess the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to enable the effective management of internal and external documentation
What we’ll give you in return
This a role that offers true satisfaction with the chance to help other people. We value each of our colleagues’ contribution and we offer benefits that cater to our colleagues’ mental, physical, and financial wellbeing. We know that we all want different things so there’s something for everyone. Here’s just a few things we offer:
- £200 allowance to get your home office set up
- A generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus the day off for your birthday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Quarterly performance related bonus
- Affordable salary sacrifice benefits such as Cycle to Work, Home and Electronics, Gym Memberships Travel & Leisure, Cars and much more
- Discounts and savings on shopping, travel, entertainment and more
- Access to our outstanding Employer Assistance Programme
- Peer to Peer Recognition
- Quarterly socials and regular team events
- Significant training and development opportunities
It’s important to us that everyone has an optimal candidate experience. Our selection processes are engaging, fair and transparent and will consist of;
- A short pre-screen interview where we’ll get to know each other better
- A first stage interview where will explore your experience in a bit more detail
- And finally, a culture and values-based interview where we’ll tell you more about what’s it’s like to work at Vivup!
For some roles, we may ask you to complete an assessment, but we’ll let you know well in advance so that you have enough time to prepare!
We’re all working remotely so all our interview are being conducted online.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious and talented Data Protection professional to make a significant, long-lasting contribution to a high-profile business, at a key point in its development.
We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the customers and clients we work with.