Post Title: EAP Account Manager (Field based)
Business Unit: Sales
Accountable to: Health & Wellbeing Lead
The Employee Assistant Provision (EAP) Account Manager will build and maintain strong client relations with clients, ensuring that EAP services are well utilised and understood throughout our client base.
Responsibilities include management of key stakeholders within client organisations both over the telephone and in person.
Work closely with our in house EAP provider based in Widnes, Cheshire to ensure that operational KPI’s are met, management information (MI) is shared and understand and that all clients are getting the levels of service and MI they need.
Working within the wider sales team to deliver activities included in the sales plan by developing and closing business opportunities, generating and progressing client opportunities via existing business channels and presenting the company’s products in a proactive way. Utilising the MI available to show trends and highlight opportunities for our clients to better support their staff which will deliver a commercial benefit for our business.
Managing relationships with key clients for them to expand the use of the company’s product and maximise income increasing revenue. Build client awareness and revenue through effective client engagement plans.
To ensure the business maintains and expands its market share and presence and act as an ambassador of the company’s products and services.
Principal duties to include:
- Understand and articulate the value of the company’s EAP products to senior audiences within current clients, developing long term relationships.
- Working closely with the operational arm of our in house EAP provider to understand the products offered, the EAP industry and analyse data in quarterly reports to make recommendations for product placement to support gap analysis and product placement.
- Services accounts by creating strong partnerships with Human Resources and Occupational Health, assessing organisational needs, conducting account meetings, contributing thought-leadership articles, sending utilisation statistics and written reports, and being proactive to help ensure strong EAP visibility and promotion of utilisation.
- Help support and promote new EAP service releases and features to clients.
- Attending meetings/ arrange telephone conferences with customers to present the company’s products and establish decision pathways.
Managing relationships across clients, attending/arranging review meetings and working with the sales and marketing teams to deliver client engagement plans, maximise registrations and increase revenue.
- Maintaining and updating the CRM system with all contact notes to enable effective customer management and reporting.
- Creating proposals for customers to reflect their business requirements and presenting contracts to them for management sign off.
- Working closely with the marketing team to ensure campaign activity is implemented effectively and tasks are scheduled and followed up.
- Gathering evidence for testimonials and case studies to promote the company’s products to potential customers.
- Create reports on sales activity including forecasts, updates on clients, assist with pipeline reporting and progress on leads and challenges faced.
- Be a point of escalation for the wider sales team for queries across client accounts and liaise with the client to resolve issues.
- Attend/ arrange promotional events and roadshows to promote product awareness at client offices, trade shows.
- Work with the sales team and Head of Sales to provide appropriate support across the business to ensure the brand and image of the company is enhanced.
- Take responsibility for own continuing professional development and keep up to date by reading relevant journals, attending networking meetings and relevant courses so that state of the art thinking can be utilised within the company proposition.
- Take responsibility for keeping up to date with development within the EAP industry and products and services provided by the EAP service.
- Be a credible ambassador for the company at all meetings with external organisations so that the Company’s reputation is maintained, and best interests served.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties appropriate to the role as business needs require.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake such other duties from time to time as are consistent with the responsibility of the grade.
This job description is subject to review and development from time to time in liaison with the post holder. As an employee of the company you will be required to adhere to all the organisations policies and procedures.
Skills and experience
- Experience – Strong background knowledge gained working within an EAP environment over 3+ years
- Product knowledge– Strong understand of core EAP products and associated additional services with a proven track record of successful account management
- Communication – Professional and clear communication skills coupled with the demonstrated ability to network and build strong business relationships. Articulate and tactful both on the phone and face to face with effective writing skills.
- Sales Competency – Identify customer needs, sell the virtues of our products and identify new products to address customer and market requirements. Experience in opportunity generation & nurturing, appointment setting and closing business.
- Organisation – Self-motivated with ability to prioritise busy workload in a fast-paced environment. Good team player with a willingness to collaborate to achieve solutions.
- Systems – Competent in the use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience of using CRM systems to manage account and tasks.
- Interpersonal skills– able to build successful strong relationships
- Motivated, proactive and articulate
A Level standard or equivalent experience
Standards of Business Conduct
The post holder will be required to deal honestly with the organisation, with colleagues and all those who have dealing with the organisation including suppliers, partners and customers.
To ensure confidentiality in all matters relating to clients, to staff personnel issues and to information obtained during employment. To not release such information to anyone else other than acting in an official capacity. To comply with the regulations of the Data Protection Act and any associated legislation.
This job description only covers the key result areas and as such does not intend to provide a comprehensive list of objectives. Specific objectives will be subject to annual review in consultation with the postholder and may develop to meet changing needs of the company.
The organisation aims to maintain the goodwill and confidence of its own staff, customers and suppliers. To assist in achieving this objective, it is always essential that employees carry out their duties in accordance with the organisations Equal Opportunities Policy respecting the differing backgrounds of colleagues and clients.
Health and Safety
The post holder will be required to observe local Health and Safety arrangements and take reasonable care of him/herself and persons that may be affected by his/her work ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974).